Just a few things to know about me:
- My name is Kim and I didn’t truly experience camping until I was an adult. I fell in love with it because it helped me to de-stress from a very stressful job. It helped me run away from that job on weekends, now, I run toward camping to experience the beauty, tranquility and awesomeness of nature.
- I’ve realized that God’s creation blows away anything man-made!
- I love camping, hiking and cooking, especially over an open flame. And, I’m not talkin’ about charcoal, I mean … REAL – BURNING – WOOD … to the point that people who don’t know me might think I’m a pyromaniac (but I’m not!)
- If you’re in range on your cell phone when you’re camping, you didn’t drive far enough before you stopped to set up camp.
- “Al Fresco” is THE choice for any dining experience … Period. (even if it’s raining and you have to take cover under an awning.)
- I believe cheese should be awarded with a prestigious designation as being its own food group on the food pyramid, not just part of “dairy”.
- Garlic is essential for a flavorful life and dessert makes a fabulous entrée.
- Counting calories is waaaaaaaay overrated.
- Cats rock! They don’t need you, so, when they choose you, you can be sure it’s real.
- I love big sunglasses and my bubblegum pink cruiser bicycle. (especially when pedaling through a crowded national park, like Yosemite and Zion.)
- I have been extremely blessed with a fantastic family, including those I had a choice about: My husband and our kitties.
- I love Jesus Christ!
Let’s be email friends!
I love sharing my latest camping recipes and tips three times each week. If you’d like to receive those, you can join my camping community here.
Say hi in the form below! I’d love to hear from you.
Kim Hanna is the creator of Camping For Foodies®. On her blog, Camping For Foodies, she shares her passion for camping, hiking and cooking as well as living a balanced yet dream-pursuing life. Kim has appeared on several local TV networks, in magazines and at live special events as the ‘Modern Society Weekend Escape Expert’ she has become … inspiring others to unplug from their hectic lives one camp recipe at a time. She believes many adults are so consumed with their 24/7 connected lives that they don’t take time to enjoy nature and live in the moment. Kim gladly issues “permission slips” to adults who request them! She is a contributor to AZ Outdoor Magazine and has her own cooking segment on the Great Food Good Neighbors TV show. Kim is a Christian and lives in Phoenix with her husband and two cats.
We believe people are consumed with their 24/7 connected lives prohibiting them from taking time to truly connect with people, live in the moment, follow dreams and enjoy nature. We encourage people to take a look at their lives from a different perspective and ask themselves “Is this the life I really want to live?” We hope to see you on the trail camping, hiking, cooking, eating and making the most of your life. Camping For Foodies® would love to have you join our movement!
We Give Back
Your purchase of our products will help support World Vision® Building a better world for children.
We Receive Compensation
Anything you buy through this website helps us maintain this site, pay some bills and give to charity. If you see a product here and buy it using the link we provide…we receive compensation (at no extra cost to you). We work hard to provide you with helpful, informative and fun information. Thank you for your support!
CampingForFoodies.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Guest Post Contributors
Thank you for your interest in contributing to our site but we do not take contributions except from our personal family members who would kick us out of the family if we did not allow them a little space to express themselves once in a while. LOL If we make changes and begin taking contributed posts, we will update this page at that time.
Advertising And Product Review Requests
Thank you for your interest in working with us! We are part of the CAFEMEDIA Ad Network.
If you need camping recipes and menu ideas, you can find them here at the Camping For Foodies Camping Recipes list.