You wouldn’t think spice mixes make great camping recipes but they do! I know, I know, a spice mix is not a meal in itself but it definitely takes a meal over-the-top!
I also know it is easy and convenient to buy a prepared mix but this one is sooooooooooo good that you won’t mind the 30 seconds of extra time it takes to make this blend yourself.
Here’s the proof: I used my Cajun spice recipe to make blackened salmon on a camping trip and my brother-in-law said it was the best meal he ever ate in his life!!!
It’s great for flavoring meats and sauces so I usually keep a double batch in my pantry for those times a little Cajun kick sounds delish (which is quite often in our house.)
Cajun Dry Rub
When I make spice blends, I transport them to the campsite in Food Storage Containers With Tight-Fitting Lids. I like my set that has various sizes of containers that nest for compact storage.
One of my favorite uses for this Cajun Spice Mix Camping Recipe is in the fish, Blackened Trout With Cajun Cream Sauce Cast Iron Skillet Camping Recipe.
I also use it in my Cajun Cream Sauce Camping Recipe.
Camp Cooking With Spices
Looking for more inspiration when it comes to spicing up your camping meals? Check out my 5 Essential Camping Spices post for tips on how you can create a camping spice kit that perfectly matches your taste buds!
Print This Recipe
Cajun Spice Mix Camping Recipe
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store spice mix in an airtight container for up to 1 year in a cool dry place.
- Use as dry rub to season meat for grilling, frying or smoking meats like beef, pork and chicken. (see * Note)