Cajun Spice Recipe
You wouldn’t think spice mixes make great camping recipes but they do! I know, I know … a spice mix is not a meal in itself but it definitely takes a meal over-the-top!
I also know it is easy and convenient to buy a prepared mix but this one is sooooooooooo good that you won’t mind the 30 seconds of extra time it takes to make this blend yourself.
Here’s the proof: I used my Cajun spice recipe to make blackened salmon on a camping trip and my brother-in-law said it was the best meal he ever ate in his life!!!
It’s great for flavoring meats and sauces so I usually keep a double batch in my pantry for those times a little Cajun kick sounds delish (which is quite often in our house.)
Psst we’re compensated…see our disclosures.
Cajun Dry Rub
Food Storage Containers With Tight-Fitting Lids
When I make spice blends, I transport them to the campsite in Food Storage Containers With Tight-Fitting Lids.
I like my set that has various sizes of containers that nest for compact storage.
One of my favorite uses for this Cajun Spice Mix Camping Recipe is in the fish, Blackened Trout With Cajun Cream Sauce Cast Iron Skillet Camping Recipe…
…and the Cajun Cream Sauce Camping Recipe!
Print This Recipe
Cajun Spice Mix Camping Recipe
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store spice mix in an airtight container for up to 1 year in a cool dry place.
- Use as dry rub to season meat for grilling, frying or smoking meats like beef, pork and chicken. NOTE: Depending on how liberally you season your food and how large the cuts of meat you are cooking ... you should get approximately 2-4 meals from one batch of this Cajun Spice Mix camping recipe.
Looking for more inspiration when it comes to spicing up your camping meals? Check out my 5 Essential Camping Spices post for tips on how you can create a camping spice kit that perfectly matches your taste buds!
There are so many camping food ideas to add some creativity to camp meals! Try a few on your next trip!
No time to look for recipes, create a menu and write a grocery list? No Problem! Get our 3-Day Dutch Oven Camp Menu Plan here!
If you need camping recipes and menu ideas, you can find them here at the Camping For Foodies Camping Recipes list.
Don’t miss a thing…sign up for Camping For Foodies email updates!
Your purchase of our products will help support World Vision ® Building a better world for children.