You’ve gotta love alcohol-optional icy-cold camping cocktails for summer! Being out in the wilderness and camping in your favorite secret locale does not mean you have to experience withdrawals from your favorite specialty coffee.
Iced coffee drinks are so popular in urban coffee houses that I just had to make a camp-friendly version to take with me to the great outdoors. And, because nothing chills a drink better than a cocktail shaker … we’re using one to make this Chocolate Covered Almond Mocha On The Rocks camp recipe.
Brew A Little Extra Coffee In The Morning
You probably start your camp trip mornings with a freshly brewed strong cup of coffee. I like to brew a little extra so I have it ready later in the day when I am making my specialty coffee drinks.
The Almond Milk Ingredient
One of the secrets to this coffee creation is getting the almond flavor from almond milk.
Some almond milk is purchased in the refrigerated section; some from the non-refrigerated shelf of your grocery store.
I like to use the non-refrigerated type for camping recipes because cold storage space limitations can be challenging.
Although, after the carton is opened, you will have to find cold storage space for the unused portion.
How To Make A Shaken Chocolate Covered Almond Mocha
You are going to put all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker … and … shake like crazy!
You need to really blend all of the ingredients well.
But, you are also creating a super-chilled drink as you shake too.
You will pour the entire contents of the shaker into your favorite tall glass … no need for straining here.
For serving, you’ll probably want to add a straw but make sure you don’t sip too fast or this iced-cold drink will give you that summertime “brain freeze”.
As it is, this is an awesome iced coffee drink that is non-alcoholic. If you’d like to add alcohol, just pour in a shot of your favorite booze before you shake.
Special Dietary Considerations
Almond milk is vegetarian, gluten free and lactose free. Most sugar is gluten free … check the individual brand for details.
Serve & Enjoy
Remember … being out in the wilderness doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor and style. Adapt to your surroundings and enjoy every minute you have while you are unplugged. You’ll be back to the rat race and your favorite barista will be satisfying your coffee fix again before you can say “Mocha”!
Print This Recipe
Chocolate Covered Almond Mocha On The Rocks
- Ice to fill a cocktail shaker about 3/4 of the way full
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee that has been cooled
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Place cap securely on the shaker.
- Shake vigorously until all ingredients are combined and totally chilled.
- Pour into your favorite tall glass and enjoy. Cocktail Shaking Tip: If you didn’t shake enough you might find the need to stir this liquid loveliness a bit more after pouring it into your serving glass.
- Serve with straw.
- To make this an alcoholic drink, add a shot of your favorite booze. Just make sure you add it with the other ingredients in the shaker so it is well mixed and icy-cold!
Try Some New Food Recipes Too
Don’t stop at making yummy camping cocktails. Make sure you check out all of our exciting food recipes too. We have them for every meal of your trips!