This is one of our camp stove recipes that is restaurant-worthy! Shhhhhhh … Don’t tell anyone how easy it is to make this crowd-pleasing almost gourmet Pasta In Garlic Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce Camping Recipe.
Pasta Meals Are Easy To Scale
If you are cooking for two or for a huge crowd, camping pasta recipes are great because they are easy to scale. By that I mean, increasing the number of portions is a cinch and the flavor never suffers!
This camping dinner has bold flavors from the garlic and sun dried tomatoes and richness from the cream.
It is the layers of flavor that you get from a variety of ingredients that will make your recipes really stand out.
One of the most important things to do when making almost-gourmet camping meals is to do all of the prep work before you start cooking.
For this Pasta In Garlic Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce Camping Recipe, you’ll need to chop some garlic and sun dried tomatoes to make the sauce.
Because this dish is a little indulgent with the heavy cream, I like to serve it with a crisp side salad and a light dressing. It’s also good with my Homemade Caesar’s Salad Dressing.
A nice crunchy bread or garlic bread is also a nice side option. It’s perfect for mopping up extra sauce!
This pasta recipe tastes FANTASTIC but takes a little effort … if you want something a bit simpler, try this easy one pot spaghetti camping recipe that only requires 5 minutes of prep time!
If you like wine and a complex red sauce on your pasta, you need to make this Dutch Oven Spaghetti And Meatballs recipe. You won’t believe how AMAZING these drunken meatballs are with just a bit of your favorite red wine added to a simple sauce.
Get your FREE printable camping trip & menu planner before you create your next meal plan!
Print This Recipe
Pasta In Garlic Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce Camping Recipe
- 1 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil roughly chopped
- 1 (4 oz) package fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz) package dried bowtie pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté butter, garlic, sundried tomatoes and mushrooms to make the sauce.
- Now add chicken broth, bring to boil, then let simmer about 10 minutes.
- While making sauce, cook the pasta in a separate pot according to package directions.
- Add heavy cream to pan with sauce and simmer till slightly thickened.
- Add sliced grilled chicken to pan with sauce and simmer till chicken is heated through.
- When pasta is cooked to your desired firmness, drain it.
- Toss the pasta and the sauce together and serve family-style topped with basil, parsley, parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
As Seen On TV
I made this camp meal on a recent episode of Great Food Good Neighbors TV show with a jaw-dropping gorgeous backdrop of the Sonoran Desert at Usery Mountain Regional Park.
We filmed this episode at a campsite in the Usery Mountain Regional Park.
How to get there
More Meal Ideas
Every meal on your trip doesn’t have to be complicated but it should be delicious!