Unique camping trailer names are great conversation starters. The story behind creating names with clever puns is a fun way to get to know your RVing neighbors and give you a few good laughs along the journey.
Why Do People Name RVs?
Recreational vehicles are inanimate objects, but, because they are used on exciting road trips while having fun experiences, they can become part of the family.
Cute camper names are a great way to celebrate all of the memories you create while using your camper trailer.
The flip side is also true, when the vehicle has lots of problems, the RV’s name can be derogatory, like “Money Pit”.
In addition to creating a great name, lots of RV owners have a custom vinyl decal made they apply to their camper.
Names Of Our Trailers
My husband and I have had many trailers and we’ve given each one a unique name.
The Baby Doll: Baby doll is the nickname we call each other, so, why not call our first camper by the same name. Ha ha.
The Bantam: We had zero creativity when we called our hybrid camper trailer by the RV manufacturers name! What were we thinking?
The Mansion: When we moved from one hybrid to an even bigger one, we felt like we moved into a mansion, hence the name.
Weezie: We were done with hybrid tent campers after we woke up in the middle of the night with wet beds, the thunderstorm was a big one and the rain penetrated the canvas walls. We purchased a travel trailer with a slide out and my sister said we were “movin’ on up” just like the Jeffersons did in the tv sitcom. That’s how Weezie got her name.
Lucille: After my husband retired we needed more space to pack more gear for longer trips. Traveling greater distances and living in a camper most of the summer caused us to move out of lightweight travel trailers. We considered new RV types: fifth wheels, a, b and class c motorhomes, we ended up purchasing a 5th wheel. It was a big step into a much larger rig. Our challenges reminded us of “The Long, Long Trailer” movie with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz so our new-to-us trailer was named Lucille.
If you don’t have a good name for your rig, you may want to create one before your next adventure. An easy way to come up with ideas is to check out some popular options to get your creative juices flowing so you can create a unique name that is the perfect fit for your personality.
Funny RV Names
Personally, I love funny names for rvs, some of my favorites are:
- Cramalot (this name is a play on the fictional castle Camelot. It was given to a Class C that was used on long road trips.)
- Rain Maker (when your favorite place to camp is in a rainy climate and it is always raining during your trips)
- BIG BERTHA (this one is really popular for huge class A motorhomes, extra large 5th wheel trailers and big toy haulers)
- Weeeego (for we go here and there in small RVs)
- Hurricane Hater
- Home-Free (cute name for full time travelers without a sticks & bricks home)
- COW (for condo on wheels)
- Kids’ College Fund
- The Leisure Beast
- Drive O’clock Somewhere
- Retirement Vehicle
- Fifth Wheel’s A Charm
- Empty Nester
- Snow Storm Avoider (great for snow birds who flee from cold weather climates in the winter)
- Early Retirement
- Hanna’s Mobile Mansion (Your last name + mobile mansion, cute for a small camper)
- The Taj Mahal (great for big rigs with a lot of storage space)
- Rolling FUNder
- The Rolling Stones’ Castle (the family’s last name is stone)
- Wayfarer’s Dream
- Reality Runaway
- Cat Mobile (for my fellow RVers who travel with their furry felines)
- RV There Yet (this is the best RV name for people who travel with young kids who continually ask the question while traveling on the highway)
- Tootles!! (a lighthearted name for people who don’t stay in one place for too long)
- The Long Haul Caravan (for campers who are on a constant road to new places)
- Little Boys With Big Toys (used often with the perfect recreational vehicles, toy haulers, and guys who bring motorized vehicles on their camp trips, like ATVs, motorcycles etc.)
- Pink Floyd (for rigs decorated in bright pink colors, common with teardrop trailers owned by single ladies)
- The Beige Blur (for rigs decorated in neutral colors)
Iconic Name Ideas
Some names are similar to the names of boats.
- Endless Summer (a sweet name for RVers who are always traveling to find the perfect temperature across North America)
- Memory Maker
- Discovery Wagon
- Land Yacht
- Tin Room Beach House (one of the playful names for people who camp on a lot of beaches)
- Sara (for serendipity)
- Rolling Sunset Chaser
- Rolling Resort
- Cousin Eddie (named after the character in the Christmas Vacation movie who drove the broken down 1972 Ford Condor II, check out the trivia related to cousin Eddie’s RV.
- Happy Glamper
- Happy Camper
- Chillville (the perfect RV name for campers who just like to relax)
- Sun Chaser
- Magic Bus
- Gigi (for “GG”, getaway girl)
- National Parks Seeker
- Beauty (and the tow vehicle named The Beast)
- Outdoor Therapy
- Wanderlust Gypsy
- The Great Escape
- Leap of Faith (for people who have a sense of humor about selling their home to live full time in an RV and travel the open road)
Names For Different Brands
There are lots of RV brands that have a classic name adopted by new owners.
- Winnie (for Winnebago brand vehicles)
- Bago (for Winnebago brand vehicles)
- Flying Dutchman (for Dutchmen travel trailers and fifth wheels)
- Foxy (for Artic Fox brand RVs)
- Silver Bullet (for Airstream brands)
- PodZilla (for Forest River r-pod campers)
The best RVs can have problems. When heavy maintenance and costly repairs are part of your experience, you may want to get sarcastic with the name of your RV. Here are some examples. One of my camping tips is to always make it fun!
- Patches (when you have to keep patchin’ it back together)
- The Money Pit
- Diesel Guzzler
- The Lemon Peel
- Thelma and Louise
- The Enlisted Mess (the perfect camper name when you actually love your trailer but just can’t seem to keep it clean and organized)
Inappropriate Camper Names
Some common names that can be considered inappropriate humor are popular with some RV owners.
- Shaggin Wagon
- Love Bug
- Love Shack
- Love Machine
Choosing The Perfect Name For Your Rig
Whether you need RV camping tips for beginners because you have a new rig, or, you have owned one for a long time and just never named it, now is the time. The inspiration for choosing your camper’s name can come from many sources. You can find good ideas for RV name suggestions in most social media groups. The RV world is a sharing community so ask around for help.
RV Name Generator
If you’re having trouble coming up with creative names, try our name generator. Put together a specific name by using the two words that correspond with your name in the list below. You’ll use the first letter of your first and family’s last name.
For example, my name is Kim Hanna, K = Passion and H = Chaser so my rig’s name would be “Passion Chaser”.
|First Letter Of Your First Name
|First Letter Of Your Last Name
|A = Sunset
|A = Warrior
|B = Adventure
|B = Voyager
|C = Travel
|C = Roamer
|D = Journey
|D = Rambler
|E = Thrill
|E = Camper
|F = Mountain
|F = Explorer
|G = Fun
|G = Hunter
|H = Leisure
|H = Chaser
|I = River
|I = Seeker
|J = Excitement
|J = Tracker
|K = Passion
|K = Soldier
|L = Lake
|L = Surveyor
|M = Escape
|M = Follower
|N = Pleasure
|N = Trekker
|O = Satisfaction
|O = Cruiser
|P = Sunrise
|P = Stroller
|Q = Happy
|Q = Wanderer
|R = Beach
|R = Searcher
|S = Joyful
|S = Vacationer
|T = Calm
|T = Trailblazer
|U = Forest
|U = Pursuer
|V = Relaxation
|V = Rover
|W = Bustling
|W = Traveler
|X = Blissful
|X = Drifter
|Y = Nature
|Y = Tripper
|Z = Enjoyment
|Z = Inspector
Gifts For Cool Names
The awesome thing about a new camper being named is giving personalized gifts like mugs, keychains, towels etc. Have a little fun and check out these awesome personalized camping gifts.
FREE Trip Planner
Make your next trip stress-free with a little pre-planning. Get your copy of our FREE printable camping trip planner template!