Simple Grilled Dijon Chicken With Garlic And Jalapeno
Want zingy, spicy and super easy camping grill recipes for chicken? This is a great one! This Grilled Dijon Chicken With Garlic And Jalapeno uses a simple Dijon mustard marinade for grilled chicken you can make using a propane or charcoal grill or a campfire.
Psst we’re compensated…see our disclosures.
Prep To Make Dijon Grilled Chicken Marinade
Grilling marinated meats makes for really easy camping meals with lots of flavor without a lot of work.
You can make this simple marinade at the campsite and let the chicken soak up the goodness while you’re getting the coals ready for cooking. It only takes about a half hour to flavor the chicken but you can let it marinate even longer if you have the time.
Chop a couple cloves of garlic and a jalapeno pepper then toss with some lemon juice and olive oil to make this quick marinade.
Methods Of Cooking This Chicken Dijon Mustard Recipe
Camp grills work great for this meal. You can use one that is powered by propane or charcoal. If you are using charcoal, you don’t need to use lighter fluid. Check out our VIDEO to see how to use a charcoal chimney that lights coals quickly, efficiently and without using chemicals.
Weber Rapidfire Chimney Starter
If you are making this as one of our campfire recipes, you’ll need to get your fire going in order to cook over coals rather than flames. It is best to use a good-flavored hard wood like oak or mesquite.
Making this chicken as one of our camp stove recipes is possible too but you’ll need to have a grill pan to achieve the best results.
Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill-Griddle
Steps To Make This Dijon Mustard Chicken Recipe
Step 1. Prepare your marinade ingredients as directed.
Step 2. Marinate the chicken in a refrigerator or cooler for at least 1/2 hour.
Step 3. Prepare your cooking equipment for grilling over medium heat.
Step 4. Grill the chicken until cooked through.
Step 5. Rest and serve.
Pairings For Grilled Chicken
Make ahead camping salads are great options to serve with this meal … pasta and potato salads are always popular.
Glazed carrots, camping potatoes in foil and grilled campfire veggie packets are just a few camping side dishes that are perfect selections to round out your menu.
We have so many camping dinner recipes that feature chicken because it is an affordable protein that is easily cooked on camp trips.
If you are looking for another chicken recipe with Dijon mustard, we’ve got an amazing one! This Dijon Mustard Dutch Oven Chicken Breast is made creamy with a sour cream based sauce.
Try these Chicken And Veggie Camping Kabobs that can be prepped in 10 minutes and cooked in 15! The onions, bell pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes compliment the chicken nicely after being marinated in a prepared salad dressing.
This is a great gluten free camping food option. We’ve got a lot more ideas for those dietary restrictions. Make sure you don’t miss the one that just might replace your favorite takeout joint … try this healthy and satisfying Easy Dutch Oven American Chinese Chop Suey.
Print This Recipe
Tried this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating, comment or both!
Sign up here for FREE weekly camping tips delivered to your email 📧😊
Dijon Mustard Chicken Breast Recipe
- Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill-Griddle (for campfire cooking or camp stove cooking)
- Weber Smokey Joe Portable Grill (for charcoal grilling)
- Rapidfire Chimney Starter (for charcoal lighting)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- Make the marinade. In a sealable jar, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, jalapeno pepper, salt and pepper … shaking vigorously until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Marinate the chicken. Place chicken breasts in sealable plastic bag and pour some of the marinade over the chicken, reserving about 1/4 cup of the marinade for basting and serving. Seal the bag and refrigerate the chicken for at least 1/2 hour or overnight.
- Prepare your cooking equipment and fuel. Whether you are grilling over charcoal, propane or over a wood-burning campfire, get the heat up to a medium temperature.
- Grill the chicken. Place the chicken on the grill and throw out the plastic bag with the used marinade remaining in it. Let the chicken cook about 7 minutes (depending on your altitude) before turning it. Camp Cooking Tip: You’ll know when the chicken is ready to turn because it easily releases from the grill grates (if you try to turn it too early, it will stick to the grate … don’t force it, just let it go till it unsticks itself.)
- Baste the chicken. Pour a little of the reserved marinade over the chicken while it’s cooking but make sure to keep some to drizzle over the top for serving. Grill on second side of chicken until the juices run clear, the chicken should be tender and no longer pink, about 7 more minutes.
- Let stand a few minutes and top with remaining reserved marinade and extra jalapenos for the heat-lovers in your crowd!
More Yummy Camping Meal Ideas
For breakfast, lunch and dinner … check these out.
If you’re looking for awesome ideas for yummy camping food, you’re in the right place!
Here’s our entire camping recipes list.
Get FREE camping tips and recipes emailed to you!
Our Camping Products Make Great Gifts!
Flexible Cutting MatCutting Mat SetStainless Steel Cocktail Shaker Set