Don’t you think nuts make perfect camping snacks? They are easy to transport, fun to eat and totally “dressable”… meaning, you can dress them up or keep them naked. Dressing up is sooooooo much more fun! This Rosemary Spiced Nuts Camping Snacks Recipe is so flavorful!
This simple recipe makes nuts that are a little salty, a little sweet and extra appetizing with a touch of fresh herbs. They only take a few minutes on the stovetop but the flavor goes on forever. I’ve been told they are the perfect accompaniment to an afternoon cocktail … I’d love to hear your opinion!
In This Post:
Rosemary Spiced Nuts
This recipe is free of gluten which is awesome for those campers with dietary restrictions, see all of our gluten free camping food.
When I am cooking with dried spices at the campsite, I often measure and mix the spices at home and just carry them in plastic containers to the campsite. But, there are other times I want to be able to bring an assortment of spices and use them creatively while cooking without a specific recipe.
It is really convenient to carry dried spices in Portable Spice Jars In A Case … they stay clean and organized in your camp kitchen!
The fresh rosemary really puts the finishing touch on this nut recipe!
Just because this recipe serves 4 – 6, doesn’t mean you can’t make it when you are preparing camping meals for two because it stores well in sealed food containers and you have more to enjoy!
Pairings For Spiced Nuts Snacks For Camping
The sweet, savory and slightly spicy combination in this recipe, make the perfect nibble to go with an afternoon cocktail.
Check out our Camping Cocktail Drink Recipes for some inspiration which includes alcohol-optional drinks the entire family can enjoy!
Nuts make some of the best road trip food ideas and travel snacks because they are easy to eat while traveling, don’t require refrigeration and are packed with protein!
For a hotter version, try these delicious Mexican Spicy Nuts.
Print This Recipe
Rosemary Spiced Nuts Camping Snacks Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups roasted and salted mixed party nuts Note: if you use unsalted nuts you will have to add some salt here too
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chili
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat.
- Add the nuts and spices (chipotle chili, cumin and allspice) and stir to coat.
- Gently stir and heat until you “smell nuts” … you are just toasting the ingredients to bring out their flavors.
- Take the skillet off the heat and toss with rosemary.
- Spread nuts on wax paper to let cool.