This is one of our Dutch oven camping recipes that can be served for breakfast or dessert … it is so simple and so yummy!
You can pre-measure and mix the dry ingredients for this Dutch Oven Cinnamon Bread Camping Recipe at home so you just have to mix and bake at the campsite.
Easy Dutch Oven Cinnamon Bread Camping Recipe
Step 1. Prepare Your Heat
Get your camping fire starters and wood ready for cooking or get your charcoal briquettes prepared … whichever you want to use works but for baking I personally like the consistency of heat that comes from briquettes.
You will be baking this bread in a pre-heated 10-inch camp Dutch oven at 350 degrees.
If you are not sure how many coals you will need, our Dutch oven temperature chart has the answers.
Step 2. Prepare The Cinnamon And Sugar Mixture
In a small bowl, you’ll combine the cinnamon and sugar.
Camp Cooking Tip: I like to pre-measure and mix my dry ingredients at home, then just transport to the campsite in a tightly sealed food storage container.
If you want a savory option, try our Dutch oven bread camping recipe!
Step 3. Combine The Flour Mixture
In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, pecans and raisins.
Step 4. Combine The Egg Mixture And Mix With Flour Mixture
In a medium size bowl, mix the egg, evaporated milk and vegetable oil.
Now, add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
Step 5. Add Batter To Dutch Oven
Pour half the batter into the pre-heated Dutch oven.
Sprinkle with half the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Then pour the remaining batter into the pot.
Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
Camp Cooking Tip: Line your Dutch oven with parchment paper or Dutch oven liners to make cleanup easier … plus, you can lift the bread out of oven with parchment “handles” to cool slightly before slicing.
Step 6. Bake The Bread
Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes … check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center … when it comes out clean, the bread is done baking.
If you like the combination of cinnamon and sugar for breakfast, try this Camping Dutch Oven Campfire French Toast Recipe too!
Step 8. Slice And Serve.
Let cool slightly then slice and serve warm or cold.
This cinnamon bread is one of our fast and fun camping breakfast ideas that tastes best when served warm with a hot cup of coffee but you can also enjoy it as a room temperature dessert too.
Print This Dutch Oven Cinnamon Bread Camping Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar*
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour**
- 1 tablespoon baking powder**
- 1/2 teaspoon salt**
- 1 cup sugar**
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Prepare campfire or charcoal briquettes for cooking.
- Pre-heat 10-inch camp Dutch oven to 350 degrees (21 coals: 14 top/7 bottom). See note below.
- In small bowl, mix the 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon then set aside. NOTE: *Can be pre-measured and mixed at home.
- In large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, pecans and raisins. NOTE: ** Can be pre-measured and mixed at home.
- In medium size bowl, mix the egg, evaporated milk and vegetable oil.
- Add the egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Pour half the batter into the pre-heated Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle with half the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter into the pot.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes. To check for doneness, insert toothpick in center and when it comes out clean, the bread is done baking. NOTE: Turn oven and lid 1/4 turn in opposite directions every 10 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Let cool slightly, slice and serve warm or cold for breakfast or a yummy dessert.
Dutch oven size: If you use a different size oven, you'll need to adjust the number of coals you use to bake this bread. Use our Dutch Oven Temperature Chart https://www.campingforfoodies.com/dutch-oven-temperature-chart/ to determine how many coals you'll need.
Here are a few more useful links:
Camping For Foodies Recipes List https://www.campingforfoodies.com/camping-recipes-list/
Our Products https://www.campingforfoodies.com/shop/
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 377mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 3gSugar: 50gProtein: 9g
This cinnamon bread is a great ending to any camp meal. Check out more camping dessert recipes!
Get inspired to make some unique camping food for breakfast, lunch and dinner on your next camp trip!
Our Cool Camping Products Make Great Gifts!