Does camping food recipes no refrigeration required, mean you are eating meals that taste like cardboard? No way! This Peachy Nutty Pancakes Camping Recipe tastes almost gourmet and uses non-perishable, readily available ingredients from your pantry!
Non-Refrigerated Ingredients Camping Breakfast Recipe
I was totally up for the challenge when I was invited to participate in an emergency preparedness campaign to show people how to make meals from non-refrigerated ingredients … kinda like when I have no cold food storage space on camping trips!
This is one of my favorite camping breakfast ideas that I plan to eat later in the week when we go on long trips. I use my perishable ingredients first and my non-perishable ingredients last.
This is also one of those easy camping meals for large groups when your food refrigeration space is extremely burdened by huge amounts of food required to feed really big crowds.
Emergency Tip: Camping For Foodies recipes are almost always cooked outside. We take precautionary measures not to cause fires no matter where we are cooking. We maintain a safe distance between open flames and flammable materials and always keep a fire extinguisher near the cooking environment … and …. know how to use it. If you see a brush fire, report it immediately to 911—Never assume someone else will make the call.
Step 1. Make the sauce. Drain the syrup from the can of peaches into a small saucepan, add the brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat of a camp stove and stir until the mixture is heated through. Remove the pan from the heat, add the diced peaches and let cool while making pancakes.
Step 2. Toast the nuts. Now it is time to bring the flavors out of the nuts by toasting them. Place them in a non-stick skillet over medium heat of a camp stove until toasted, stirring frequently so they don’t burn. Remove the pan from the heat and chop nuts when they are cool enough to touch.
Step 3. Mix the batter. Combine the pancake mix and water in a large mixing bowl, as directed on package. Then, mix half of the nuts into the pancake batter (reserve remaining nuts for topping at serving.)
Step 4. Cook the pancakes. Use the same non-stick skillet to cook the pancakes over medium heat with light non-stick cooking spray, if necessary. Pour batter into pan into the size desired. Flip them when the bubbles break and they are browned on each side.
Step 5. Serve with sauce. Top pancakes with syrup and remaining nuts … enjoy.
These 4 Ingredient Banana Pancakes use only non-refrigerated ingredients and don’t use refined sugar. They are easy, healthy and vegan-friendly.
See how to use this awesome hack to make your next meal of Camping Pancakes using a sport bottle to shake and pour your batter!
Chocolate and peanut butter is a classic combination and makes an almost-gourmet topping for these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Camping Pancakes that use just-add-water pancake mix.
Enjoy restaurant-quality fluffy pancakes with this simple homemade recipe for Sweet Cream Pancakes.
Print This Recipe
Peachy Nutty Pancakes Camping Recipe
- Nonstick Skillet Frying Pan (for camp stove cooking)
- Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill-Griddle (for campfire cooking)
- 4 servings just-add-water pancake mix prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts roughly chopped
- 15 oz can peaches in heavy syrup roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Non-stick cooking spary
- Drain syrup from peaches into small saucepan, mix in brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon; cook stirring over medium heat until heated through.
- Remove from heat and add diced peaches.
- Let cool while making pancakes.
- Place nuts in non-stick skillet over medium heat until toasted, stirring frequently being careful not to burn them. Remove from heat and chop nuts.
- In large mixing bowl, combine pancake mix and water as directed on package. Add half of the nuts to pancake mix (reserve remaining nuts for topping at serving.)
- Use same non-stick skillet to cook pancakes over medium heat with light non-stick cooking spray if necessary. Pour batter into pan to form pancakes in the size you desire.
- When bubbles form and then break, turn pancakes to ensure they are cooked thoroughly and browned.
- For serving top pancakes with syrup and remaining toasted nuts.
More Recipe Ideas
You can’t have too many fun and simple recipes for your camp trips. Try something new on your next menu!.