Sometimes you want to walk and eat … this is one of those camping breakfast ideas that is easy to make and then enjoy on a morning stroll around the campsite. These warm and savory Bacon Avocado Camping Breakfast Wraps are one of my favorite, single-handed breakfast camp meals!
Don’t forget to grab a freshly brewed cup of camp coffee in your other hand before you strike out to listen to the birds welcome you to their home with their wake-up songs.
How To Make Bacon Avocado Breakfast Camping Wraps
Step 1. Set up your cooking station.
This yummy camping breakfast wrap is one of our great camp stove recipes that is also easy to make on an RV stove or in a cast iron skillet over a campfire.
My Coleman Fold N Go 2 Burner Propane Camp Stove is one of the most convenient ways to cook skillet meals in the wilderness.
Step 2. Chop your veggies.
For this recipe you’ll be making a simple avocado mixture with some avocado, parsley, chives and jalapeno peppers.
You’ll also be dicing a bit of onion for the egg mixture.
I like using my Camping Flexible Cutting Mats that are lightweight, easy to curl so they can simply funnel food into bowls and pans.
Step 3. Fry the bacon.
My husband says bacon makes everything taste better so he would fry an entire package … but you only need to cook 6 slices. LOL
You’ll drain, cool and crumble it next.
Camp Cooking Tip: When you fry bacon, do a little extra for other recipes that use it like these BLT camping wraps you can have later during your trip.
Step 4. Saute the onion.
I always use a bit of the bacon grease to cook my veggies.
It adds extra flavor and eliminates the need for an extra ingredient, like oil or butter, for sautéing.
Step 5. Cook the eggs.
Now you’ll just scramble the eggs over a low heat.
Camp Cooking Tip: You can transport eggs to the campsite without worrying about breaking the shells by just cracking them at home and placing them in a tightly sealed Food Storage Container.
Just make sure you keep them at a safe cool temperature in an ice-packed cooler or refrigerator.
We have awesome camping food safety tips you need to know to keep your family happy and healthy in the great outdoors!
Step 6. Stir in the cheese.
After the eggs are almost completely set, you’ll gently stir in the cheddar cheese to incorporate it.
Step 7. Assemble the wraps.
Now you’ll just evenly divide the egg and avocado mixtures between the wraps.
Fold them and serve!
Step 8. Serve with camp coffee.
This Bacon Avocado Breakfast Wraps Camping Recipe goes really well with a nice hot cup of java!
Whether you want to make cowboy coffee or a fancy pressed style, we’ve got great tips for making the perfect cup of camp coffee!
More Camping Wraps
If you love eating wraps at the campsite, we have more ideas you should try!
This no-cook camp recipe only uses 5 fresh ingredients to make this Pesto Tomato Wraps Easy Camping Recipe that is ready in mere minutes.
It’s crispy and filling! Try this Grilled Tortilla With Veggies And Black Beans Burrito Camping Recipe for your next camp dinner.
When you take your favorite salad and wrap it in a tortilla, you get this yummy Ham And Cheese Salad Stuffed Tortillas No Cook Camp Recipe.
These California-Style Camping Breakfast Burritos With Avocado, Eggs & Chorizo are sooooo yummy! They are packed with protein, fiber and carbs making the perfect breakfast to give you all the energy you need for a fun day-hike. The tortillas are topped with eggs, chorizo, potatoes, cheese, cilantro and fresh avocado slices.
Print This Bacon Avocado Breakfast Wraps Camping Recipe
Bacon Avocado Breakfast Wraps Camping Recipe
- 2 avocados cubed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and finely diced (check the heat levels because all peppers are not created equally! You may want to add more or less or possibly even eliminate them if your camping clan doesn’t like heat.)
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/2 onion diced
- 6 eggs beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 spinach wraps
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the avocados, lemon juice, parsley, chives and jalapeno peppers. Set in cooler till ready to serve.
- In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, fully cook the bacon then remove it from the pan and place it on paper towels to drain and cool.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Remove most of the bacon grease from the skillet but leave enough to coat the pan and sauté the onion.
- Sauté the onion until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, and add the eggs, salt and pepper to the pan.
- Gently cook the eggs over low heat stirring occasionally.
- When the eggs are just about cooked through add the cheese stirring until the cheese is incorporated.
- Place spinach wraps on table and spoon even amounts of the egg mixture and the avocado mixture into the center of the wraps.
- Fold the wraps and enjoy!
More Menu Ideas
You can never have enough inspiration to try new things on your next camp menu.