This Chicken Parmesan Wrap Recipe combines pre-cooked chicken with fresh veggies, prepared salad dressing and cheese for a quick and satisfying cold meal. Quick and easy no cook camping meals are perfect for busy trips!
In This Post:
Prep To Make Quick Wrap Recipes
Camp Cooking Tip: You can pre-cook and shred chicken at home and freeze it for later use at the campsite. If you don’t want to cook the chicken yourself, you can use canned chicken or use one of my Costco camping food tips … I shred my leftover rotisserie chicken and freeze it for later use in cold sandwiches and wraps.
As one of my easy camping meals, at the campsite you’ll just need to slice a tomato for this recipe then assemble the ingredients.
Steps To Make This Recipe
Step 1. Prepare your ingredients as directed.
Step 2. In a bowl, stir the chicken with the dressing. The prepared salad dressing provides tons of flavor and creates an instant creamy sauce.
Camp Cooking Tip:
Step 3. Now you’ll layer the tortilla, lettuce leaves, chicken with dressing, tomato slices and Parmesan cheese.
Camp Cooking Tip: Most spinach wraps and prepared ranch salad dressings don’t contain gluten but you’ll want to check the labels to be sure because this recipe is a great gluten free camping food option!
Step 4. Roll it up and enjoy!
Camp Cooking Tip: Recipes that are easy to scale up or down are great to have in your camping recipe library.
This recipe serves 1 so just double it if you are looking for camping meals for two.
This is also one of my favorite easy camping meals for large groups because you can toss a big batch of the chicken and dressing then just start an assembly line to build as many wraps as you need.
Quick Meats For Fast Meals
If you want a super-fast 15-minute meal, here are four sources for lean protein sandwiches and wraps.
- Shred pre-cooked rotisserie chicken.
- Use canned chicken (just make sure you drain it well before combining with other ingredients so your sandwiches doesn’t get soggy.
- Next time you are grilling at home, make extra meat then store leftovers in your freezer for your next trip. There are so many make-ahead options when you just have to defrost a pre-cooked chicken breast.
- Plan on using camp dinner leftovers for lunch the next day. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on chicken tenders and grill over medium-high heat or spray a grill pan or skillet to quickly cook them. Use some of the meat with pasta and a marinara sauce, top with parmesan and a melty cheese (like mozzarella cheese) to create a parmesan casserole for dinner. Reserve the rest of the chicken so you can make quick sandwiches and scarf lunch the next day.
What To Serve With This Meal
I love easy camping lunches that contain veggies as part of the recipe. Then, if you want to just serve some chips and pickles on the side, you’re all set!
These Raw Veggie Wraps are vegan and gluten-free, if you use the right wrap.
I love using prosciutto rather than a regular lunch meat for cold sandwiches. This fresh Basil And Prosciutto Sandwich is a no-cook meal that tastes fancy because of the out-of-the-ordinary ingredients but readily available bread, meat and cheese.
This Fruit And Nut Peanut Butter Stuffed Tortilla is packed with protein and fiber. It makes a quick breakfast, lunch or snack you can eat at the campsite or on the trail.
It is so easy to make a hand-held meal out of a tossed salad. Try these Ham And Cheese Salad Stuffed Tortillas on your next camp trip.
Flavorful prepared sauces are great for making simple cold sandwiches. This Pesto Tomato Wraps Easy Camping Recipe is especially yummy when tomatoes are in season.
Get your FREE printable camping trip & menu planner before you create your next meal plan!
Print This Recipe
Chicken Parmesan Wrap Camping Recipe
- 1/2 cup cooked shredded cold chicken can substitute 13 oz. can cooked chunked chicken breast, drained
- 1 spinach tortilla wrap, 10-inch size can substitute flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 leaves Romaine lettuce can substitute leaves of spinach
- 1/2 Roma tomato thinly sliced, can substitute cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix chicken and dressing in a bowl, tossing to coat.
- Lay tortilla wrap on flat surface.
- In the center of the wrap, lay the lettuce leaves to form a “cup” for the other ingredients.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the lettuce and top with tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Fold sides in, then, roll the wrap to seal. Cut the closed wrap diagonally to serve as easy-to-hold wedges.
2 cups cooked shredded chicken, cold
4 10-inch, spinach tortilla wraps
1/2 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
8 leaves Romaine lettuce
2 Roma tomatoes
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese Camping For Foodies Recipes List https://www.campingforfoodies.com/camping-recipes-list/
More Yummy Meal Ideas
See all of my family’s favorite camp food and try some new recipes for yourself.