Camping Trip Planner Template: FREE & Printable
Our FREE printable camping trip planner template walks you through each stage of your outing before you ever think about hitting the road!
One of the most important camping tips is to realize organization is your friend! Trying to design an entire excursion in your head is bound to cause you lots of unnecessary stress while preparing for your adventure as well as during the journey itself.
Psst we’re compensated…see our disclosures.
Planning A Camping Trip Checklist
Any of this sound familiar?
- Have you ever been locked out of a campground because you arrived after hours as a result of not calculating your travel time correctly?
- How about getting blisters because you hit the trail in tennis shoes because you forgot to pack your hiking boots?
- Did you ever have to interrupt a camping trip to run to the store because you ran out of ice in your cooler packed with perishable food?
- Have you paid additional fees on rental equipment because you didn’t know there were maximum limits (like mileage) in the contract?
- Did you ever have to call a tow truck as a result of running out of gas because you didn’t calculate your driving distance?
All of that madness is TOTALLY AVOIDABLE!
Packing lists ensure you won’t forget important gear at home.
Using a worksheet helps you plan the logistics of your entire trip.
This Trip Planner Is Printable
Our template is designed to be used as an RV trip planner, for car camping, tent camping … or … even for backpacking.
Our planner is NOT an interactive tool for routing with considerations on height, weight or propane restrictions … but … we have an entire blog post with RV travel tips for RV safe routes to help you.
Tips For Planning Camping Trips
We have tips on how to plan a camping trip which is a blog post packed with information you should check out before you use our camping planner template.
Finding FREE Campsites
Camping is an affordable recreational activity and it becomes even cheaper when you find free camping in the USA.
Print This FREE Camping Trip Planning Template
Our trip kit includes a complete group of 5 free printables for every aspect of your trip.
The Camping Planner Printable helps you organize details regarding:
- Travelers (people and pets)
- Mileage, travel time and stops
- Time zone changes
- Alternate routes
- Budget for trip expenses including
- Food, drinks (for eating out as well as grocery list items for your food packing list for meals prepared at camp)
- Campsite reservations, locations, fees whether staying in national parks, state parks or dispersed camping on public lands like BLM land (Bureau of Land Management) or national forests
- Permits and rentals for backcountry camping and hiking
- Includes a link to more information on how to plan a camping trip
The Camping Meal Planner helps you organize details regarding:
- Camping menu (the camping meal plan template is my favorite!)
- Includes a link to more information for meal ideas including breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts and snacks as well as different types of cooking methods
The Travel Route Planner helps you organize details regarding:
- Departure, travel route and destination information
- Travel dates, times, milage, rest and fuel stops, number of legs
- GPS information if you use a GPS travel device
- Route restrictions including steep curves/mountain grades, height/weight limits, rush hours, tolls/ferries etc.
- Things to do/see along your travel route so you can have as much fun as possible on your next trip on the journey as well as at the destination
The Camping Checklist helps you organize details regarding:
- Sleeping and shelter items like pillows
- Clothes and personal hygiene items for shower facilities like soap, towels, toilet paper as well as outdoor activity clothing like socks, hiking boots, sunglasses, water bottles
- Medical and first aid kit items like personal medications
- Recreation, tools and campfire equipment including items like cards and games for rainy days
- Food and drinks to create your shopping list
- Kitchen and picnic table equipment for cleanup, food storage and utensils so you don’t forget to pack items like can and bottle opener, stove, bowls, plates, forks, knives
- Vehicle and pets items including specific needs like leash, kennel and pet food
RV Tool Kit Checklist helps you organize details regarding:
- RV specific tools
- Lights and electrical equipment
- Roadside emergency equipment
- Tire equipment
- Adhesives and fasteners
- Propane gear
- Misc supplies
You can grab your FREE copy of our camping trip planning kit so you can start planning a camping trip today!
Get Your Free Printable Camping Trip Planner Template Here
Camp Trip Development
Before you can use a camping itinerary template, you have to decide where you are going and what you are doing.
There are FREE resources to help you design the perfect trip with apps.
These are the best camping apps for traveling, finding camping destinations, activities, hiking, fishing, bird watching, health & safety as well as finding water and RV dump stations.
Be sure to check out the RV Life app that has an RV LIFE Trip Wizard and RV LIFE Maintenance Tracker available to campers who upgrade to the RV LIFE Pro member version.
Keeping It Minimal
If you are interested in low cost, easy experiences … get our tips on planning simple camping trips.
Camping Route Planner
Our FREE printable camping route planner is designed to focus on the travel days of your road trip.
Staying Organized Throughout Your Trips
This trip planner will get you started on the right foot. But, how do you make sure you STAY organized all the way through to the final day?
Use these tips on camping organization that include 7 simple rules that will change clutter problems forever!
Unique Camping Road Trips
If you are looking for a different type of camping experience, think about visiting the oddities that make the U.S. a fascinating place.
No matter where you are in the country, you can find a bit of Americana through unusual roadside attractions … here are some fun RV road trip ideas you won’t ever forget.
More Help For New RVers
This trip planner is a great organization tool for new and seasoned campers alike.
Newbies need a little more help like these RV camping tips for beginners!
Camping With Physical Body Limitations
We have 9 tips for people with physical challenges so they can make the most out of limited mobility camping.
Try New Camping Recipes
In addition to making your travel and campsite plans, you can’t forget about the camping food you are going to enjoy in the great outdoors!
If you’re looking for awesome ideas for yummy camping food, you’re in the right place! Here’s our entire camping recipes list.